“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
The Wesley Communities is proud to announce our new affiliation with Otterbein University, which will provide many intergenerational options for our residents on their campus, including the opportunity to be part of their Lifelong Learning Community (LLC), as well as internship opportunities for Otterbein students on our beautiful campuses, giving them “hands-on” work experience.
The LLC program will provide educational and college campus activities for the residents including workshops, lectures, book clubs and mini-courses designed for those aged 55 and older. This affiliation also provides opportunities to attend special events, meet artists and receive discounts to Otterbein Theatre matinees and Westerville Symphony performances.
The classes and workshops will present a wide variety of subjects for those who are curious about the world and want to keep their minds active and healthy.
A sampling of offerings include:
- Seeing New Englandly: Selected Writings of Dickinson, Frost, Thoreau
- The Sixties Rebellion Mini-Course
- What your Pharmacy Can do for You and The Facts Behind the "Ohio Drug Price Relief Act"
- A Collaborative Response to Ohio's Opioid Overdose Epidemic
- VIETNAM: Our Generational War Fact and Fiction
For more information about this wonderful opportunity and its benefits, please visit Lifelong Learning Community at Otterbein here.